Preston, Kentucky USA
Who are you and what do you do?
Why do you choose to live in Preston?
What's your favourite place in Preston and why?
What is Preston proud of?
Tell us something about Preston that people won't know?
1. My name is Mike Cassidy, I'm 65 born and raised right here in the Preston community and I'm married to my beautifulwife Renee and I have 1 son, Travis. I have been in the grocery business for over 50 years and im currently with Walmart in Winchester, Ky. And have been there for 23 years. My hobby, is I love to dance, im a clog dancer and held the.divisional World Championship for 7 years. In 1980 I was the first person to win the Ky. State, the Nationals and the Grand World Championship all in the same year. A record i.still hold. I am.a multiple recipient of The Kentucky Colonels title and Ambassador for Ky. And the USA in the many trips I have made overseas to better the relationship between countries thru music, song and dance. I was a member of the TV show Hee Haw and appeared on the Grand ole.Opry out of Nashville Tenn. I could talk forever
about my dancing for I have performed.all over the world including England.
2. It is our old home place, my Dads until his passing at the age of 107. We own an old country store, 93 years old and we have just remodeled it which is right next to our house.
3. The hot tub. We have our own little world her and you would never know it exist for it is surrounded by Banana tree's .
4. I would say it's people, population of 100 (close) for we are a small community and we help one another. Our country store is the center where friends and.family gaither. I brought Roni Stoneman from Hee Haw here and she loved it so much she got married here on the store porch. And of course we are the home of the Famous courtdays, a huge yard sell which goes on for a week. As the tale goes men would come down from the mountains looking to court their new bride.
5. Preston was established in 1881 and was part of the lexington Big Sandy Rail Road.